[CentOS] CentOS on Acer Laptop

Lanny Marcus

Fri Jul 31 21:01:12 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 6:56 AM, sam R<samcalc2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have very basic question:
> I have downloaded CentOS-5.3-i386-LiveCD from CentOS website. Now I need to
> install it on my Acer Laptop permanently not as a liveCD. How do I burn it
> to a DVD to be able to install it by simply restarting my laptop?

I suggest you go ahead and burn the LiveCD image you downloaded to a
CD and see if this OS will run, properly, on your HW, before you
install it. If so, then download the CD's or DVD for a regular
install. Hang onto the LiveCD, in case you need to test on other HW,
in case you have a problem and need to rescue, or if go out of town
and want to run on someone elses HW without leaving tracks.