[CentOS] "limit -n XXX" does NOT allow on CENTOS 4.X???

Wed Jul 15 13:45:45 UTC 2009
mcclnx mcc <mcclnx at yahoo.com.tw>

We have CENTOS 4.7 on DELL server.  our /etc/security/limits.conf already setup as:

*               soft    nproc          2047
*               hard    nproc          16384
*               soft    nofile         4096
*               hard    nofile         65536
oracle          soft    nproc          2047
oracle          hard    nproc          16384
oracle          soft    nofile         8192
oracle          hard    nofile         131072

I login as "oracle" again (bash) and tried to run:

$ ulimit -n 131072
-bash: ulimit: open files: cannot modify limit: Operation not permitted

Anyone know why?

付費才容量無上限?Yahoo!奇摩電子信箱2.0免費給你,信件永遠不必刪! http://tw.mg0.mail.yahoo.com/dc/landing