[CentOS] Dag's comment at linuxtag

Wed Jul 1 18:29:33 UTC 2009
Radu-Cristian FOTESCU <beranger5ca at yahoo.ca>

> Buildlogs are available from:
>
>     http://packages.sw.be/comix/_buildlogs/
>
> I hope you come back and tell me what was your problem.

I have to be back on my continent before addressing this issue.
So far, I can see that the build of Comix seems to have been done
by Dries, and that it was successful in April 2009.

I am pretty much sure I can prove it *won't* compile on any EL5 clone
with the officially available versions of:
BuildRequires: python, python-imaging, pygtk2-devel

I am not sure what mushrooms were installed on the build machine.
It *doesn't* build with:
  pygtk2-devel-2.10.1-12.el5.i386
  python-imaging-devel-1.1.5-5.el5.i386
Which is whatever EL5 has.

I can see that RF has a slightly newer version of
  python-imaging-1.1.6-2.el5.rf.i386
but as long as the SPEC file doesn't require a newer version
than 1.1.5, nor does the tarball's Makefile, I *don't* pull
updates from RF. Maybe I should have did it, but then the
SPEC is incomplete and it assumes that whatever version is OK
when it's not.

I'll check this in a couple of days.

OTOH, frankly, I should rather find some time (which I don't have)
to fscking build my own VLC and MPlayer and gstreamer-* so I won't
need RPMforge in the future.

Frankly, I hate huge repos. Yes, even Debian's. Whatever is huge
can't be maintained with the current mindset of the FLOSS people.

R-C