[CentOS] How to change Disk sequence on DELL R900 CENTOS 5.3?

Wed Jul 1 18:54:24 UTC 2009
Joseph L. Casale <JCasale at activenetwerx.com>

>Unfortunately it does NOT work on DELL R900.  The reason is DELL R900
>internal RAID and external RAID use same driver.  There is NO way to
>change adapter sequence on /etc/modprobe.conf.

Well, I suspect a udev rule *might* work to rename the discs, but labels
or uuid's aren’t designed to *change* the name (who cares?), they are
designed to cause mount to "mount" the expected disc :) It makes much more
sense to focus on that than to maintain aesthetics which again can be
changed in the future so the solution is not failsafe.

To each his own I guess!

jlc

--- 09/7/1 (三),Ross Walker <rswwalker at gmail.com> 寫道: