[CentOS] Getting started with NFS

Sat Jul 4 08:46:10 UTC 2009
Niki Kovacs <contact at kikinovak.net>

JohnS a écrit :

> It is in the man page which is astonishing to me.

Neither 'man nfs' nor 'man exports' specify any version. But I tried
again to mount the NFS share, this time by specifying a filesystem, like
this:

# mount -t nfs4 raymonde:/data /home/shares

Here's what I got this time:

Warning: rpc.idmapd appears not to be running.
          All uids will be mapped to the nobody uid.

... and I didn't get a shell prompt back, so something didn't quite work
out. I conclude that there's some daemon missing on the client (like I
said, I always start out from a minimal configuration and then add
packages as needed). Any idea what package rpc.idmapd belongs to,
because a search with 'yum provides' and 'yum search' showed nothing.

Niki