[CentOS] yum update error

Tue Jul 7 23:03:06 UTC 2009
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 5:38 PM, John R Pierce<pierce at hogranch.com> wrote:
> Ralph Angenendt wrote:
>> a) rpmforge and epel don't mix well
>
> more specifically, EPEL doesn't mix well with -any- other repository as
> they insist on not using a repository tag
>
> I for one leave EPEL disabled, and only enable it manually when I
> absolutely need something from it thats not available elsewhere.

IMHO, on my CentOS 5.3 (32 bit) Desktop, RPMForge works very well. I
have given it a much higher Priority than EPEL. When I added the EPEL
Repository, the number of excluded packages went from approximately
400 to 1705.  My belief is that if EPEL had a high priority, it would
replace a *LOT* of packages I do not want replaced.