[CentOS] NIC traffic monitoring, recording and reporting software?

Thu Jul 16 16:12:20 UTC 2009
Noob Centos Admin <centos.admin at gmail.com>

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 12:07 AM, James B. Byrne<byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca> wrote:
> I have snmpd and mrtg running and reporting against my Cisco router.
>  What I want to do is to configure snmp so that I can monitor
> network traffic across the host's own eth0 NIC.  Is this even
> possible for a generic NIC running on a x86_64 or i686 host?

Shouldn't be a problem since I was monitoring my server's own NIC
traffic and load with MRTG before it stopped working. If I'm not
mistaken, it's a matter of configuring snmp to check localhost in
addition to your router's IP.