[CentOS] Gallery2 under CentOS-5.3

Sun Jul 19 22:05:28 UTC 2009
Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net>

Rob Kampen wrote:

>>> I actually installed gallery2 on my server
>>> by following the instructions at
>>> <http://codex.gallery2.org/Gallery2:Preinstaller>.
>>> But I've had a slight http problem on the server
>>> which might be related to gallery2
>>> (wireshark seemed to show some odd calls on gallery2);
>>> so I was wondering if there was yet an official CentOS implementation?

> I have recently (<10 days) installed gallery2 on my server I used tar.gz
> from their site version 2.3-full-en.
> As it is simple php and mysql and I have these from CentOS already it
> was no issue to get it working.
> What are you seeing that concerns you? I will check my install for
> similar issue if you like.

Thanks for the offer,
but I found the reason for my httpd problems was quite different,
arising from ipv6 experiments I had been trying.

The reason I suspected gallery2 was because there were a large number
of errors entered in /etc/httpd/logs/error_log involving gallery2.
But now I look at them nearly all involve google sites,
and presumably arise from some kind of robotic search.

In fact the installation method I used (as described above)
was remarkably simple, and didn't turn up any errors.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net