[CentOS] kickstart install using url location

Tue Jul 21 14:51:42 UTC 2009
John Doe <jdmls at yahoo.com>

From: Carlos Santana <neubyr at gmail.com>
> I know how to start ks installation.
> Initially I was booting from a CD drive and then typed in 'linux
> ks=http:///'.
> But how do I get to boot prompt now? Lets say my DVD iso is located on
> some remote machine. We point to this DVD in kickstart file. But, we
> are not booting from it.
> How do I get this boot prompt to start installation? Sorry for any confusion.

Normaly (never tried http install), it should be like:
  grub> linux ks=http://.../ks.cfg [ method=http://.../ ]
And, in ks.cfg:
  url --url http://.../

>From the doc (http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/html/Installation_Guide/ch-kickstart2.html):
"If you are performing a network-based (NFS, FTP, or HTTP) installation, you must make the installation tree available"
"An installation tree is a copy of the binary Red Hat Enterprise Linux CD-ROMs with the same directory structure."
Which would mean no ISO files...

JD