[CentOS] ntp time server

Wed Jul 22 13:17:36 UTC 2009
Scott McClanahan <SMcClanahan at forterrainc.com>

Not knowing what country your from but at a U.S. taxpayer I have no
reservations about using time.nist.gov myself, some people think it's
rude to directly query stratum 1 servers.

I typically have 2-3 NTP servers per location behind a load balancer and
my internal servers sync against the load balanced VIP, and the NTP
servers themselves sync against time.nist.gov

nate

I'm not trying to hijack this thread but I have a question about how
typical this is for *core* infrastructure services.  Do you load balance
other services as well?  I'm thinking of dns, ldap, proxy, internal web
servers like a cms, radius, and probably more but those are some of the
services I try to make fault tolerant.  Thanks.