[CentOS] UPDATE over REPO

Fri Jul 24 15:18:39 UTC 2009
Alberto García Gómez <alberto at ipimtzcm.rimed.cu>

OK, maybe I don't write the right word, what I really need is an upgrade
(eg.: from PHP5.1.x to PHP5.2.x, and so on) and I don't know do that using
yum. What I do until know is downloading the packages from rpmfind.net and
when they request me some dependencies I download those packages again, and
again, and again......and that's what I want to avoid

Saludos Fraternales
_____________________________
Atte.
Alberto García Gómez M:.M:.
Administrador de Redes/Webmaster
IPI "Carlos Marx", Matanzas. Cuba.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Filipe Brandenburger" <filbranden at gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2009 11:04 AM
Subject: Re: [CentOS] UPDATE over REPO

Hi,

2009/7/23 Alberto García Gómez <alberto at ipimtzcm.rimed.cu>:
> I'm not talking of make a "yum -y update"; is more liked an intelligent
> "rpm" with REPO connection. ;-)

"yum" is "rpm" with repository connection and dependency solving.
There currently is no way to have RPM download and install
dependencies by itself, that is what "yum" is for.

You should look into using "createrepo" to create a "yum" repository.
It is not that hard.

Alternatively, you should look into already existing repositories for
CentOS that contain the versions of Apache and PHP that you want.

HTH,
Filipe