[CentOS] Drupal installation

Sun Jul 26 00:33:43 UTC 2009
Les Bell <lesbell at lesbell.com.au>

Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com> wrote:

Honestly, I think you would then be better off with something else. Drupal
is one of the more powerful, but also more complex CMS systems available.
<<

Amen. My wife used to have a static web site that was designed and built
for her by a web/graphic designer. When it started to age and updating it
proved problematic on account of the complex graphics, I moved her to
Joomla. We used on of the standard templates and her site now is much more
dynamic, with newsy content reasonably frequently updated. From my
perspective, it's been very easy to install and maintain, with security
fixes just a matter of wget'ing and untarring the update files into her
public_html directory (this is all on Centos 5.3, of course).

I'm currently working with Drupal for a much more ambitious project for the
university security group where I'm a student, and it's a whole different
ball-game.

Best,

--- Les Bell
[http://www.lesbell.com.au]