[CentOS] Problems with Broadcom 4312 wireless

Mon Jul 27 23:31:53 UTC 2009
Ned Slider <ned at unixmail.co.uk>

Milos Blazevic wrote:
> Hello David,
>
> In brief, I've solved this problem on my Dell Inspiron 1525 (with
> Broadcom 4312 wireless card), so I figured letting You know would be
> nice, 'cause it didn't seem like the issue is resolved.
>
> Visit this link:
> http://jomcode.com/fadhil/?p=59
>
> and in addition check out the comment on the same page by Andre Kiepe to
> have the modules load on boot.
>

> Best Regards,
> Milos.

I'm not overly familiar with broadcom wireless (always tried to avoid
it), but we can probably package wl.ko as a kABI-tracking kmod for el5
over at ELRepo.org if you're interested? This would remove the need to
recompile the driver from source for every kernel update, not to mention
provide a user friendly RPM package for yum.

Also, does this driver require firmware, and if so where does one obtain
that?