[CentOS] Centos 5.3, no AHCI on HP DL320 G5p?

Tue Jul 28 09:21:33 UTC 2009
Tony Mountifield <tony at softins.clara.co.uk>

In article <4A6D7F2A.9030303 at krediidipank.ee>,
Veiko Kukk <veiko.kukk at krediidipank.ee> wrote:
> chandlercody at gmail.com wrote:
> > I had to disable it with ahci=no at boot time, have you tried ahci=yes at boot time of kernel?

That's probably why. To use AHCI you need to set it to RAID mode.
Having done that, you can still use the drives independently if you
prefer kernel RAID; you just have to go into the BIOS RAID setup and
set the drives to JBOD mode (or something like that), by telling it
to remove all RAID information from the drives.

Hope this helps
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield