[CentOS] Any more details on Lance? (just curious; no pressure)

Thu Jul 30 20:19:02 UTC 2009
Ray Van Dolson <rayvd at bludgeon.org>

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 12:53:03PM -0700, MHR wrote:
> A friend of mine sent me this link:
>
> http://linux.slashdot.org/story/09/07/30/130249/CentOS-Project-Administrator-Goes-AWOL
>
> I went to the main page and read the letter and the "Facts."  Are
> there any more details, mainly along the lines of CentOS sticking
> around - I know you folks all work really hard on this, and you know
> better than me how many others depend on you - but - there's that
> little specter of doubt yelling in my virtual ears (has to yell 'cuz
> it's really tiny) and I'd like nothing better (well, almost) than to
> gag it.
>
> Thanks for all you do, and for keeping us all informed.

There is no reason to worry that the CentOS project will be going
anywhere.  The people that do all the heavy lifting have bee, and will
continue to be involved.  This is more of an administrative flap than
anything... it doesn't sound like Lance has been a part of the CentOS
daily operations in a very long while either.

CentOS will be just fine..