[CentOS] Open Letter to Lance Davis

Thu Jul 30 22:21:32 UTC 2009
Christoph Maser <cmr at financial.com>

Am Freitag, den 31.07.2009, 00:08 +0200 schrieb Neil Aggarwal:
> > Rip-off is a harsh word.
>
> Maybe, but it seems to accurately describe the
> situation as it is coming out.
>
> > "Don't cry over spit milk"
>
> The problem is this situation is erroding the trust
> in this project.
>
> To me, the larger problem is the fact that the rest
> of the team kept it under wraps for so long.  That
> immediately begs the question of what else they are
> hiding or potentially will hide in the future.
>
> The reason stated was that it would make the project
> "look bad".  What happens if they discover something
> else that would make the project "look bad"?
> Would they try to hide that too?
>
>       Neil

Don't panic! The fact the developers finally went public should raise
your trust in them not lower it. I think you are overreacting. Actually
if you really care about it much you could have sensed this thing coming
up earlier.

financial.com AG

Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert (CEO/Vorsitzender) | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach