[CentOS] Apache not liking directories outside of /var/www

Fri Jul 31 16:33:04 UTC 2009
Kenneth Porter <shiva at sewingwitch.com>

--On Friday, July 31, 2009 1:24 PM -0400 Filipe Brandenburger
<filbranden at gmail.com> wrote:

> In general I would advise you to try to adapt your application so that
> the files that need to be seen by Apache are under /var/www, if you
> have that flexibility it will be simpler and have less chance of
> breaking in the future.

IIRC, there's a policy and boolean to allow users to have web content in
~/public_html.

If one has stuff in other locations (say, /usr/share/someapp/webcontent or
/opt/someapp/webcontent), one could use a loopback mount to attach it to a
subdirectory of /var/www.