[CentOS] Open Letter to Lance Davis

Fri Jul 31 21:32:15 UTC 2009
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

James B. Byrne wrote on Fri, 31 Jul 2009 15:45:21 -0400 (EDT):

> However, having been bitten once, I feel that I must ask this more
> formal question.  What steps, if any, have been taken to establish
> the CentOS project as a separate legal entity distinct from any
> individual contributor? What protections are being put in place to
> prevent future misappropriations of donations and advertising
> revenue, even if it turns out that no such thing has as yet
> happened?

I think these are fair questions, but a bit premature. Give the team time
to settle this, uhm, let's call it, mess. I'm sure once this matter is
resolved the team will also give more information about the new structure
and funding etc. Patience, folks! One thing at a time!

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany