[CentOS] Open Letter to Lance Davis

Fri Jul 31 22:36:50 UTC 2009
Drew <drew.kay at gmail.com>

> I'm already hearing
> rumblings about risks from others in the company who don't know much
> about the situation but know we are using Centos and saw a news posting
> somewhere - and I suspect that is happening in every large company.

No doubt. And if the people who mange the CentOS servers in their
organization are doing their job, the people who pay the cheques are
being made aware of the situation, what the organization's options
are, and what costs are associated with each option.

Among those options, and this is our organization's fall back, is to
pay for a subscription to access the upstream vendor's support system
for package updates.

--
Drew

--Marie Curie