[CentOS] Random server reboot after update to CentOS 5.3

Peter Hopfgartner

peter.hopfgartner at r3-gis.com
Wed Jun 3 09:27:19 UTC 2009

Epilogue:

I've tried to disable TSO (ethtool -K eth0 tso off), as was suggested on
the poweredge list. This did not help.

I've configured the machine to start with the 5.2 kernel in
/boot/grub/grub.conf, changing the default. It has been running for 6
1/2 days, now. I would say that this helped and is what I would suggest
to others experiencing the same problem, right now.

Thus, current running kernel is  2.6.18-92.1.10.el5xen.

Regards and thanks for all replies,

Peter

--

Dott. Peter Hopfgartner