[CentOS] Adding an 'official' CentOS image to the Amazon EC2(Electronic Compute Cloud)

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Jun 3 20:18:40 UTC 2009

Hi Richard,

On 06/03/2009 08:11 PM, Richard Shade wrote:
> Sorry for not replying to this earlier, I just saw this thread because
> of the newsletter. We have had CentOS Images running in the cloud since
> 09/06/2007,

When I got in touch with amazon a long long time back, the aim was to
plumb in something into the centos buildsystems, so that we are able to
churn out an 'official' CentOS image at the same time as we do a release
for isos etc. They were quite keen initially, but something happened -
might be related to Martin Buhr moving, and they lost most interest.

I would *really* like to get that project back on track. If not then we
can go the route of just having images that others can use, perhaps not
from something that amazon provide themselves.

> http://s3.amazonaws.com/rightscale_scripts/CentOS5_2V4_0_2_Beta.sh, if
> you want to roll your own. If anyone needs any help or has any question
> on this shoot me an email. Also thanks to the CentOS team for all your
> hard work.

Its always good to know that the work is appreciated! Btw, I've heard
good things about what you guys are doing at rightscale as well.