[CentOS] Evolution Question?

Sorin Srbu sorin.srbu at orgfarm.uu.se
Thu Jun 11 07:53:42 UTC 2009

Behalf
>Of Jeff
>Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2009 7:41 AM
>To: CentOS mailing list
>Subject: [CentOS] Evolution Question?
>
>I have a CentOS 5.3 Desktop and use Evolution to read mailing lists .
>When i move from one read letter to another(either deleting or clicking
>next  the Message pane flickers. How can i stop this because it is hard
>on my eyes when i have a few emails to read?

Increase the scan frequency of your monitor maybe? I've seen this in lists
generally with thousands of entries and the gfx-card can't keep up. Most
often upping the scan frequency solved this issue. I've also seen this on
computers that are a bit, ummm, underpowered. ;-)

If you have an Nvidia gfx-card, try installing the proprietary drivers, or
(recommended) dkms and the dkms-Nvidia*-package.

YMMV.
--
/Sorin