[CentOS] Centos 5.3 -> Apache - Under Attack ? Oh hell....

Drew drew.kay at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 17:21:22 UTC 2009

> when i run httpd -S i get these errors...
>

> [Sat Jun 13 15:14:09 2009] [warn] The Alias directive in /etc/httpd/conf.d/phpmyadmin.conf at line 11 will probably never match because it overlaps an earlier Alias.
> [Sat Jun 13 15:14:09 2009] [warn] The Alias directive in /etc/httpd/conf.d/phpmyadmin.conf at line 12 will probably never match because it overlaps an earlier Alias.
>
> the contents of /etc/httpd/conf.d/phpmyadmin.conf  are;
>
> #  Web application to manage MySQL
> #
>
> <Directory "/usr/share/phpmyadmin">
>  Order Deny,Allow
>  Deny from all
>  Allow from 127.0.0.1
> </Directory>
>
> Alias /phpmyadmin /usr/share/phpmyadmin  <--- 1
> Alias /phpMyAdmin /usr/share/phpmyadmin  < --- 2 is this normal ???
> Alias /mysqladmin /usr/share/phpmyadmin
>
> Is it normal to have these lines?

Depending on your setup, yes it can be. The "Alias" directives are
there so that when you type in "http://www.mysite.com/phpmyadmin"
Apache will redirect the request to "/usr/share/phpmyadmin".

What this does is allow you to keep scripts outside of a website's
directory structure. I use them with PHPMyAdmin to primarily prevent
tampering by my various users but it also makes it easier to
update/patch the app(s) when needed.

--
Drew

--Marie Curie