[CentOS] Web photo gallery options

Sorin Srbu sorin.srbu at orgfarm.uu.se
Wed Jun 24 10:28:01 UTC 2009

Behalf
>Of Rudi Ahlers
>Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 11:33 AM
>To: CentOS mailing list
>Subject: Re: [CentOS] Web photo gallery options
>
>	What web photo gallery software do you guys use?
>
>	My requirements are only that the software should be simple to
install,
>	maintain and add more photos. I'm not a pro (a newbie more like
it...) when
>	it comes to mysql and php, so this needs to be easy to do as well,
from the
>	gallery standpoint.
>
>Hi Sorin,
>Gallery2, Coppermine, 4Images Gallery, etc are all good galleries to use.
And
>installation is very, very simple. upload the files to your websever, add a
MySQL
>database, and run the installation.php script - very easy. I doubt if
you'll get a website
>gallery that is packged in an rpm though.

It doesn't have to be available in a rpm-package, just available from yum.

Doing a "yum list *gallery" doesn't give me anything available from the
Centos and rpmforge repos. Just thought I'd make it simple for myself. 8-)

4Images I believe is commercial payware, so it's not interesting for me.
Coppermine I haven't heard of before, but will check up on. Otherwise,
Gallery it is.

Thank you for your suggestions!
--
/Sorin