[CentOS] Web photo gallery options

Sorin Srbu sorin.srbu at orgfarm.uu.se
Thu Jun 25 08:52:23 UTC 2009

Behalf
>Of Rainer Duffner
>Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 12:38 AM
>To: CentOS mailing list
>Subject: Re: [CentOS] Web photo gallery options
>
>I don't see why anybody on this mailing-list should be incapable of
>mastering this task.
>
>You just upload the unpacked gallery2 directory to your webspace,
>create a db and a corresponding user with phpmyadmin and enter those
>details into gallery2's installer.

Well, using and configuring a database is not something you learn while you
go, at least not me. That alone is my main problem with db-driven galleries.
Also, since this gallery will be exposed to the world, the db will need some
tweaking as well, so as to not be open to anybody. FWIW, I've now more or
less committed on Gallery2 and intend to sort mysql out, only it takes time,
even years until I can handle my own there. There is a learning curve to put
it mildly. 8-}

--
/Sorin