[CentOS] card reader not responding

Sat Jun 20 13:51:36 UTC 2009
Michael Klinosky <mpk2 at enter.net>

I saved pictures on an SD card with my Nokia phone (1 GB). Now, I'm
trying to use the card on my Acer Aspire 3680 (laptop) running 5.3 and
gnome.

Popping the card in (until it clicks) evokes nothing from the system log
or dmesg, and I don't see anything relevant in /dev. (What is the device
for this?)

lspci has this entry:
0a:09.2 Mass storage controller: Texas Instruments 5-in-1 Multimedia
Card Reader (SD/MMC/MS/MS PRO/xD)

I couldn't find anything in Cent's wiki (searching for "card reader"),
so I tired Google's linux SE, and found this:

I tried all 3 modprobe lines (as root) - "FATAL ... not found."

So, one problem seems to be that I'm unfamiliar with modprobe; what's
wrong? Do I need to install something?

I should note that I'm not at all familiar with setting up new stuff
like this. If I'm going at it wrong, please inform!