[CentOS] OT: Viewer for .docx M$ WORD files?

Tue Jun 9 21:28:04 UTC 2009
Bill Campbell <centos at celestial.com>

On Tue, Jun 09, 2009, Lanny Marcus wrote:
>On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 3:28 PM, Bill Campbell<centos at celestial.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 09, 2009, Lanny Marcus wrote:
>>>Is there a Viewer for .docx   M$ WORD files? If so, where can I get
>>>it? This file type cannot be opened with OpenOffice.org 2.3.    TIA!
>>
>> The .docx files work fine with NeoOffice 2.2.5 Patch 10,
>> OpenOffice.org for Mac native interface.  Given that's usually a
>> bit behind the regular OpenOffice.org releases, I would thing
>> the>
>
>Bill: If I can't get OO 3.1 to work as Filipe suggested, I will check
>out NeoOffice for Linux. Lanny

NeoOffice is Mac OS X only, and is basically OpenOffice.org with
a native Mac interface instead of X11.  I have used both on my
PPC Mac Mini desktop system, but prefer NeoOffice as there have
occassionally been problems with the X11 version on OS X doing
wierd things like losing the menu bar at the top under the window
decorations.

I am not a heavy OO user, primarily using spread sheets and MySQL
data sources to import data.  The vast majority of my writing is
still done with vim writing DocBook XML (OO is supposed to
support DocBook XML, but I have never found it usable).

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186  Skype: jwccsllc (206) 855-5792

Capitalism works primarily because most of the ways that a company can be
scum end up being extremely bad for business when there's working
competition. -rra