[CentOS] Problems with Broadcom 4312 wireless

Fri Jun 12 11:17:43 UTC 2009
Michael Simpson <mikie.simpson at gmail.com>

On 12/06/2009, David McGuffey <davidmcguffey at verizon.net> wrote:
> According to the guidance a linuxwireless.com the b43 driver (not
> bcm43xx or b43legacy) should work with the 4312 device.
>
> If I can't get bcm43xx and bcm43xx-microcode5.fw to work, then I may try
> to install the b43 driver and blacklist bcm43xx.

Hi there
i never got NetworkManager to work with bcm43xx but using network and
wpa_supplicant with the required conf for WPA2 is rock solid for me

technically (according to linuxwireless.org) i should be using the b43
module but the bcm43xx in the stock CentOS kernel with v3 of the
broadcom firmware works very well

mike