[CentOS] Btmp and Wmtp log rotate

Fri Jun 12 16:23:59 UTC 2009
Bob Hoffman <bob at bobhoffman.com>

=========
WTMP and BTMP

BTMP is getting huge after a year, about 800MB, WTMP is getting close to
1MB.
==============

I am on the digest, so I hope this does not start a new thread (responding
to my own thread).
I went and added a file to /etc/logrotate.d and ran it to rotate the file

/var/log/btmp {
    minsize 1M
    create 0600 root root
    rotate 1
}

Then I added the same to the logrotate.conf and deleted the file I had added
for manual rotation.

To /etc/logrotate.conf

/var/log/btmp {
    monthly
    minsize 1M
    create 0600 root root
    rotate 1
}

The manual worked. I am gonna delete the 800mb file and call it a wash. Good
thing I left enough on that partition to deal with it.

Chmod 0600, root/root, add to etc/logrotate.d, monthly.

Any other ideas to optimize this are welcome. This was as installed and
quite odd that it was not included in the setup.

Thanks