[CentOS] which programming language for server-side admin tasks

Mon Jun 15 15:13:39 UTC 2009

On 06/14/2009 07:00 PM, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
> I would like to spend some time learning a new coding language, but
> specifically for server side admin stuff, i.e. setting up users /
> databases / FTP accounts / virtual domains on Apache, etc.

If you are targetting CentOS and/or Linux only - doing this in anything
other than python just does not make sense to me. Ruby, perhaps - but
you will need to redo or atleast work with a lot of the underlaying systems.

-KB

PS: you still dont really seem to trim your replies, having bad mailing
list etiquette after having been on the list for so long is odd.