[CentOS] More then one version of KDE

Sat Jun 20 03:16:56 UTC 2009
Gary Greene <ggreene at minervanetworks.com>

On 6/19/09 5:20 PM, "Robert Spangler" <mlists at zoominternet.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to have more then one version of KDE installed and switch
> between them?  I'd like to try out the new KDE but don't want to lose what I
> have now.  Thnx

It is possible. You'll have to follow the directions pretty closely on
techbase.kde.org for multi version installs, however I'd recommend doing so
on a more "desktop" centric distribution than CentOS, since it has a number
of key libraries and services that are far older than KDE 4.2 and greater
want. One of a few of which are HAL, Dbus, and Cups. If you do so on CentOS,
you might find some features lacking because of this.

--
Gary L. Greene, Jr.
IT Operations