[CentOS] link to "commercial support" page isn't really helpful

Mon Jun 22 05:33:41 UTC 2009
Bent Terp <bent at nagstrup.dk>

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 1:32 AM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca>wrote:

>  again, no, i'm *not* the right person.  i'm not a centos developer
> and, therefore, i have no idea what options the developers might be
> looking at in terms of support channels.

You ARE the right person, as you want to sell CentOS support.

 i have an extensive red hat/fedora background so i can certainly
> address the *quality* of the product.  but if a client wants to know
> what might be backing *me* up in terms of support from the community
> or from commercial entities, i simply don't know.

You do this for a living => you are a commercial entity. If you want to know
what support YOU can expect from the community, and are satisfied with a
marketing-written page that gives you "warm fuzzies", then you're way off
mark. Instead, you should follow this list for several months and use that
experience when you make your recommendations to your customers.

>From my personal experience, we've received better support from CentOS than
from RedHat!
What you don't get is a phone-droid that's being paid minimum wages to
listen to phone abuse.....

BR Bent