[CentOS] filesize limitation in CentOS or exim?

Tue Jun 30 12:18:26 UTC 2009
Helmut Drodofsky <drodofsky at internet-xs.de>

File size was actual some 2 GB:

-rw-r----- 1 exim exim 2147483647 30. Jun 11:27 main-090630.log

Helmut

Von: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] Im
Auftrag von Geoff Galitz
Gesendet: Dienstag, 30. Juni 2009 13:39
An: 'CentOS mailing list'
Betreff: Re: [CentOS] filesize limitation in CentOS or exim?

Oh my!  Did you verify the size of the main.log file?  2TB of mail.log
data strikes me as too much.  Are you rotating your logs?   Is there a
lot of spam moving through your system?

Assuming you are running this on an ext3 filesystem you cannot increase
the maximum file size beyodn 2TB.  If you really do need bigger files
than that then you should think about XFS or ext4.  Exim does not have a
max supported log size... at least I could not find it in the docs and
I've never had that problem when running exim.

Can you double check the size of mail.log and that is being rotated?

Geoff Galitz
Blankenheim NRW, Germany
http://www.galitz.org/ <http://www.galitz.org/>
http://german-way.com/blog/ <http://german-way.com/blog/>