[CentOS] Hardware compatibility IM-945GC Intel Atom Mini-ITX

Tue Mar 3 02:46:07 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 6:51 PM, Joseph L. Casale
<JCasale at activenetwerx.com> wrote:
>>I don't think we can use this new MB since the Realtek 8111C does not seem to be
>>supported (well)
>
> You can make that work, someone just posted a link to an alternative sk98lin module
> to the atrpms one a few weeks ago.
>
> Realtek nics are crap anyway, but given the mobo, I don't think critical availability
> is your primary need.

In the back of my mind, I have down that the motherboard repairman was
not enthusiastic about MSI mainboards. The vast majority of the boards
he works on are for desktops and possibly in that building, where
there are a lot of stores that sell computers and components, the
majority of the boards sold are MSI. He seemed much more enthusiastic
about the Biostar board, had I needed one. (New PSU eliminated the
problems).  I suggest you read reviews on
<http://www.motherboards.org/> and newegg.com and tigerdirect.com for
similar boards made by MSI and other companies, to get an idea of
their quality and reliability. The Realtek NIC could be the least of
your problems with an MSI board?