[CentOS] WAY OT: domain name registration .co.za

Bill Campbell centos at celestial.com
Fri Mar 6 16:55:59 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 06, 2009, Glenn wrote:
>Hello All,
>
>Very sorry about WAY off-topic query, but you folks really are one of
>my most International subscribed groups.
>
>I am looking for a recommendation for a domain name registrar I can
>register my .co.za domain name with that won't 'yank my chains'. I
>tried a couple attempts at registering and found some hidden fees
>along with the insistence that I had to host my DNS with them. Lots
>of hosting bundles!
>
>I just want a registrar that can register the domain name and use MY
>DNS servers. I'll do all the hosting, thank you very much!

We have been using http://reg.iecc.com/ for years with excellent
results.  This is run by John Levine, author of Internet for
Dummies, anti-spam advocate, et al.  They are OpenSRS resellers,
and have been very easy to work with over the years.

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186

Each individual of the society has a right to be protected in the
enjoyment of his life, liberty, and property  no part of the property
of any individual can, with justice, be taken from him, or applied to
public uses, without his own consent -- John Adams