[CentOS] I have a test system that hangs hard...

Phil Schaffner P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org
Sun Mar 8 13:25:36 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 13:46 -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> I have a test system:  Centos 5.2 on an OQO, that has been hanging
> hard.  I have to unplug it and pull the battery so I can then cold start it.
>
> This last time all I did was open a terminal window and SU to root, then
> start the lastest build of SIP Communicator (which uses JRE 1.6.0_10).
> I was not even making a test phone call at the time.  Oh, and the system
> only runs IPv6, no v4 addressing.
>
> So how do I find out what is causing the hard lockups?

Looks like you have had some good suggestions on your problem; however,
it prompted me to search the CentOS site for OQO.  Seems most of the
references are related to your posts on this list since you got 4 in
Sept. 2008.  There's no info on the Wiki.

After you get past the current crisis, please consider creating an OQO
page under

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Laptops

Regards,
Phil