[CentOS] Clonezilla SE with CentOS5

Sorin Srbu sorin.srbu at orgfarm.uu.se
Mon Mar 9 14:04:17 UTC 2009

Behalf
>Of Les Mikesell
>Sent: Monday, March 09, 2009 2:50 PM
>To: CentOS mailing list
>Subject: Re: [CentOS] Clonezilla SE with CentOS5
>
>> Does anybody on this list use this solution and can say something about
it
>> in the running-Clonezilla-with-CentOS-context, be it recommendations,
>> gotchas', warnings or whatever?
>
>I'm using it installed via yum on Centos and it works great.  I use a
>2-NIC server where machines are normally plugged into the private side
>in a lab to be imaged via PXE booting but it also works to use a
>clonezilla-live CD boot anywhere on the network to save or restore.

Thanks Les and Thomas. I appreciate the feedback. I'll look into installing
this solution.

I'm currently using a g4u-based routine with an ftp-server running of off a
Win2k3-machine+dhcp. It works, but is slightly awkward to use. Clonezilla
seems a bit more worked-on compared and more of a complete solution.

Thanks.
--
/Sorin