[CentOS] Memory vs. Display Card

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Mon Mar 9 17:34:56 UTC 2009

Rick wrote:
> In article <f4e013870903082220s772af2d7o22c9686d6f1347e9 at mail.gmail.com>,
> MHR  <centos at centos.org> wrote:
>> 2) Your answer above was not clear: did the 4GB work by itself without
>> the other 2GB?  If so, the above is your problem.  If not, you're in
>> deeper guano that you think, BUT:
> The 4GB had the same problem with and without the 2GB.

ok, then you have the wrong 4GB (2x2GB?) sticks.   You might review the
memory specs for your motherboard, not all DDR2 is the same.

specifically, you need 1.8-1.9V DDR2 unbuffered DIMMs, requires SPD, 667
and 533Mhz.  2GB dimms must be organized as 8 128Mx8 dimms on each side.

personally, I'd pick my ram from this page

the stuff you buy through their guaranteed compatability program WILL work.