[CentOS] need help with keyring

Michael Klinosky

mpk2 at enter.net
Mon Mar 9 21:55:21 UTC 2009

I should mention that I'm a total newbie with keyrings! I tried
searching for help sites - found 1, but I still have a problem. If there
is a website (or sites) that explain this, please post it (them)!

Ok, so I have a laptop with wifi, running CentOS 5.2. When I boot it, it
finds the nearby wifi signals, and tries to connect to mine. To do this,
it puts up a window to get my default keyring password. Perhaps I needed
to config something?

Anyway, I found http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tools/NetworkManager   ,
which _seems_ to explain everything. However, my newbie-ness is
interfering with this process. NB - I use gnome.

The problem is that it's still asking for the default password. I'm
fairly sure that I didn't *complete* that process (one issue - that
password is different from my user password.)

It states that I need (?) to change the keyring password to be the same
as the user password - but I can't figure out how. The last sentence:
(Using gnome-keyring-manager), "highlight the keyring and select Change
Keyring Password from the Keyring menu of gnome-keyring-manager.

I don't have 'Change' anything there - whether as $ or #.

What do I need to do to satisfy it (so that it doesn't ask for the
password)?