[CentOS] Clonezilla SE with CentOS5

Sorin Srbu sorin.srbu at orgfarm.uu.se
Tue Mar 10 11:32:02 UTC 2009

Behalf
>Of Michael Peterson
>Sent: Monday, March 09, 2009 6:17 PM
>To: CentOS mailing list
>Subject: Re: [CentOS] Clonezilla SE with CentOS5
>
>> Thanks Les and Thomas. I appreciate the feedback. I'll look into
installing
>> this solution.
>>
>> I'm currently using a g4u-based routine with an ftp-server running of off
>> Win2k3-machine+dhcp. It works, but is slightly awkward to use. Clonezilla
>> seems a bit more worked-on compared and more of a complete solution.
>
>Please let us know how it works for you.
>I did not know that you could install it on CentOS.
>I just started looking at it lately and can not get the live CD to work
>on new or old hardware.
>I have used PartImage and hoped it would be easier to use but no luck
>even getting it up to test yet.
>Glad to read that someone has gotten it to work.

I will. I'm just about finished migrating RHEL3 to CentOS5 by way of g4u for
a course-start and I'll start looking into Clonezilla afterwards, when I'm
not deadlined anymore. This whole business with g4u made things pearshaped
occasionally and also made me start looking for a more generalistic
solution. Don't misunderstand me, g4u is not bad at all, but things are not
ideal as it were.
--
/Sorin