[CentOS] Cannot get CentOS to install

Michael Peterson

mpeterson at mail.charlesfurniture.com
Tue Mar 10 21:37:52 UTC 2009

I used google but did not come up with anything current to solve my problem.
I have not tried any other search engines yet.
There is not a search for the CentOS list so I am creating a new post.

I have tested the CentOS 5.2 and RHEL 5.3 CD's and they passed.
I had to use linux mediacheck ide=nodma to get them to pass.
The newest releases seem to most times fail with just linux mediacheck.

I have tried linux ide=nodma and
linux text ide=nodma after trying
linux and
linux text

Anaconda fails on both CentOS 5.2 and RHEL 5.3 in all cases.

The system I am trying to install on is running CentOS 3.x.

The hardware is P4 2.8 CPU, 512 MB RAM, 120GB 3ware IDE/PATA RAID HD,
ATI Video, CDRW CD, Dual Nic, Floppy and IDE/PATA Tape drive.

Please provide any options to the kernel that I should try besides the
ones mentioned above that fail.