[CentOS] Video Editing

Wed Mar 11 20:56:59 UTC 2009

On 3/11/09, Kwan Lowe <kwan.lowe at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 12:43 PM, Joseph L. Casale
>> Last time I heard of cinelerra, I looked at the docs and they looked very
>> good.
>
> I've tried it.  Alas, it would crash so often that it was unusable.
> I've used Kino a little. It didn't crash but I haven't done much with
> it besides re-arrange some clips.

cinelerra does crash, frequently, but if you read their documentation,
they save after everything you do and when you restart it, you can
immediately get back to where you were before the crash. Crashing is
not a "feature", but they are well aware of it.  :-)

It has (as Akemi pointed out to me) a steep learning curve, but it is
extremely powerful.

My wife is trying to figure out how to get the audio and video synced
properly, when she edits...

kino is much easier to learn, but probably much less powerful too.