[CentOS] Intermittent NFS problems with NetApp server

Ray Van Dolson rayvd at bludgeon.org
Wed Mar 11 22:15:43 UTC 2009

<snip>

> So these seem fine to me (i.e., the max is greater than 32768).  Is
> there an NFS (as opposed to TCP) setting I should be tweaking?  Any
> ideas why the NetApp is issuing those warnings?  Any other
> suggestions on how to debug this problem?

Sounds like a very interesting problem.  The only time I've gotten such
errors have been NFSv4 issues between Linux and Solaris hosts, never
with a NetApp.

You might try asking on the linux-nfs[1] list as well as the
toasters[2] list.  I'd be interested to hera what you come up with.
Very strange symptoms though.  Are you using NFS over TCP or UDP?  It
seems like one side is attempting to use a stale session...

I've always found NFS stuff like this very difficult to troubleshoot.
If you can reproduce the problem on demand maybe you could get a packet
dump right when the issue begins...

Ray

[1]: http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
[2]: http://toasters.mathworks.com/toasters.html