[CentOS] jboss application server rpm

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Fri Mar 13 19:36:29 UTC 2009

Am 13.03.2009 um 20:29 schrieb Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu:

> Hi All,
>
> I've been trying to locate a jboss application server rpm for CentOS
> 5,
> but I haven't found any.  I thought it would be included with CentOS.
> Searching the yum repos hasn't turned anything up.  Maybe my yum
> search
> was sub-par.
>
> Where should I look? Do any rpms exist?

Download the tgz from the jboss website and unpack it inside the
homedirectory of the user you want to run it as.
Creating a user specifically for that purpose also hasn't hurt
anybody...

The only exception to this approach might be if part of your file-
system are read-only because you booted the box via PXE.

Rainer