[CentOS] Unable to use DRBD after a reboot

Fabian Arrotin fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Sat Mar 14 08:42:05 UTC 2009

robert mena wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two servers in a drbd primary/secondary setup.   Everything was
> fine until I had to reboot both servers.
>
> The primary rebooted first, the secondary assumed fine, but when the
> (old primary) server got back online it was unable to mount the drbd fs
> complaining about the modules.
>
> I've tried to find out the problem but the servers seem to have the same
> setup
>
> rpm -qa | grep drbd
> drbd82-8.2.6-1.el5.centos
> kmod-drbd82-8.2.6-2
>
> Kernel 2.6.18-92.1.22.el5 #1 SMP
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> thanks.

Is the drbd module loaded on the failing node ?
kmod-drbd82-8.2.6-2 contains the drbd.ko module (in
/lib/modules/2.6.18-92.1.13.el5/extra/drbd82/drbd.ko)
When you update your kernel, a /sbin/weak-modules script is called to
symlink the extras kmods from previous kernels to all install kernels.
So that means that in your actual
/lib/modules/2.6.18-92.1.22.el5/weak-updates/drbd82/ folder contains
symlinks to the original one.
It that the case ? have you manually deleted the old
/lib/modules/2.6.18-92.1.13.el5/ directory ?

Fabian Arrotin
  idea=`grep -i clue /dev/brain`
  test -z "$idea" && echo "sorry, init 6 in progress" || sh ./answer.sh