[CentOS] Help setting up multipathing on CentOS 4.7 to an Equallogic iSCSI target

James Pearson james-p at moving-picture.com
Sat Mar 14 09:50:08 UTC 2009

2009/3/13 Ross Walker <rswwalker at gmail.com>:
> With open-iscsi you will need to use multiple iSCSI sessions over
> different subnets and dm-multipath. Configure 2 portal addresses one
> in each subnet. If Equalogics sets the SCSI Ids correctly then dm-
> multipath will match them up. Set a round-robin policy on the paths
> and test/tune accordingly (path delays, # blocks per path, etc).

I have tried using separate subnets on the different interfaces on the
Equallogic box and host - but the client host would still only find
the volume once.

I've now heard back from Dell - and it appears it can't be done with
the software initiator on CentOS4/RHEL4 - but should work with CentOS5

Thanks

James