[CentOS] Directory server import

Steve Huff shuff at vecna.org
Wed Mar 18 13:35:41 UTC 2009

On Mar 18, 2009, at 7:33 AM, Per Qvindesland wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is a simple way to import standard linux
> users
> into the directory server? I have found some but they don't seem to
> be so
> flexible since I have to import from several servers into different
> ou's

a good toolkit for doing this is here:

there's a config file which you modify to specify target LDAP server,
base DN, and various other details for each import.  one good way to
use them is the following:

1. generate NIS maps (yes, i know, yuck) for the users you're importing.
2. run the PADL tools to generate a big LDIF of all the users.
3. import the generated LDIF.

If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an
improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v