[CentOS] stty and sockets

Jerry Geis

geisj at pagestation.com
Wed Mar 18 14:18:22 UTC 2009

With local com ports I can use stty to inspect the port settings.

Is there a similiar method with a socket connection?

I have an odd situation happening where my data collection program
that is working on 3 machines is not working on the 4th. The program  opens
a socket to remote RS232 device no data is recieved. strangely though if
I "telnet IP port"
to the device it will send the data on this 4th unit. (odd that it works
on 3 units but not the 1).

I was thinking there must be something different with the way telnet
is setting up the socket than I am setting up the socket. Is there a
command or method that can inspect socket
options like I can with stty for RS232 lines? If so how?

Thanks,

Jerry