[CentOS] stty and sockets

Bill Campbell centos at celestial.com
Wed Mar 18 19:17:51 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009, Jerry Geis wrote:
>With local com ports I can use stty to inspect the port settings.
>
>Is there a similiar method with a socket connection?

You can use stty with socket connections as well for many
settings (e.g. erase, kill, intr).  I have this in my ~/XTerm
file to set what I consider sane values when making xterm
connections:

XTerm*ttyModes: intr ^C erase ^H kill ^U

These can also be set at the command line with:

stty intr '^C' erase '^H' kill '^U'

To see what the settings are ``stty -a''.

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186

Foreign aid might be defined as a transfer from poor people in rich
countries to rich people in poor countries -- Douglas Casey