[CentOS] connecting 2 servers using an FC card via iSCSI

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Wed Mar 18 22:27:30 UTC 2009

Erick Perez wrote:

> If I purchase an ethernet fiber switch and add a Dell QLE2462 HBA to both
> servers and connect the servers to this ethernet switch, will I be able to
> use this configuration as iscsi target/initiator?

No, the QLE2462 HBA is a fiber channel HBA, not a Fiber ethernet
card. Completely different incompatible protocols.

If you want iSCSI HBAs you'll want to look at the Qlogic QLE4062C
1Gbps iSCSI HBAs.

If you want to use fiber channel you should have a fiber channel
array, using Dell as an example something like the AX4-5F would
work. I've never personally seen/heard of someone using fiber channel
to connect two traditional servers to each other.

nate